Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Turkey and Goat Cheese Baked Pasta

Rest Day, Walk on Treadmill
5minute Warm Up 
40 minutes brisk walk
5 minute Cool down
4.36km in 50 minutes, I felt like I got a good work out. My calfs were really killing me from yesterday and I knew that I shouldn't push it.
Tomorrow I attempt Week 3 Session 2... maybe even outside instead of on the Treadmill, they are only calling for 2C.


Moving on... For dinner I made this amazing Pasta dish that I had seen on Kath Eats Real Food.





Turkey and Goat Cheese Baked Pasta
Recipe adapted from Kath Eats Real Food
1/2 chopped onion
3 Gloves of Garlic 
1lbs of Ground Turkey 
2 cups of sliced Mushrooms 
about 3 cups of Spinach 
1/4 cup of hydrated Sun-dried Tomatoes 
1 Jar of Marinara Pasta Sauce (pureed finely in the blender, I do this for the kids... what they don't see can't hurt them) 
4 oz Goat cheese
Top with about 2 oz Mozzarella Cheese 
About 8oz of Cooked Whole Wheat Egg Noodles 


EVO in a Pan and saute Onion,Garlic and Mushrooms
Add Turkey and Brown
Add Pasta Sauce 
Add Spinach and Sun-dried Tomatoes, cook about 5minutes 
Spread into a baking dish and mix in Goat Cheese
Top with Mozzarella Cheese and bake for about 15-20minutes until cheese is melted and golden brown
ENJOY !! SOOOO GOOOD YUM-O... The Goat Cheese is the key to this Recipe, it makes the dish really creamy





I had to make two versions of this, The kids and Daddy version was with White Egg Noodles and  Turkey/Pasta Sauce mixture, no Veggies or Goat Cheese. 

No comments: