Sunday, January 9, 2011

Great Start to the Year!

... according to the Daily Mile I ran 15km in December in total... disappointing I know! 
HOWEVER today is Jan 9th and so far I have ran 32km!! I say that is a great start to the year. 
I completed week 2 of the 13wk run/walk program, currently working on week 3 session 1 which seems to be giving me some trouble. 
running 3min = NO problem, walking 2min = great ... however repeating 10 times is the problem. 
I continue to struggle with IT Band syndrome, NOW on my left leg. I seem to be ok for 35min and then Intense pain sets in which leaves me hobbling. Ice is my Friend!! 
I also started Jillian Michaels 6 week - Six Pack DVD yesterday. 
OH MY ABS! 
I can't remember the last time I felt this sore. The workout is about 35min long and left me sweaty and feeling like I got a good fully body workout. 
TODAY, I can feel my back muscles! i didn't even know I had back muscles!!  and my abs ... lets not even go there because sitting hurts! even my Quads hurt!  
I can't believe that I still had the courage to get on the Treadmill today and run 5k. 
Have to say that I'm proud of myself and really hope that I can keep the momentum going. 


Here is to me getting back into running!
Hope everyone had a nice Holiday Season!
Happy Running! 

12 comments:

Ak said...

Way to go on getting back with the running! I love all of Jillian Michael's workouts- they're all awesome! I'm giving away the 30 Day Shred dvd on my blog if you don't have that one!

Jennifer said...

I cant wait for it to get warmer here so I can start running again too!!!! Keep it up. You are doing great!

Jennifer

Anne said...

Good job doing that Jillian Michaels workout...I've heard about it so much I'm thinking of trying it.
Really hope the ITB pain goes away...ugh. Hang in there with the running, you're doing great!

Therese said...

Great job on the running!

I just did a Jillian workout on Saturday that I haven't done since the spring and I had to cancel yesterday's run I am that sore! Oye...

Laura said...

Nice job on getting back at it.
I hate ab workouts...and yet subject myself to it every week...They should be flat by now right?

Nej said...

Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!

cathysrunning said...

Good for you getting back on the treadmill. I'm always proud of myself when I'm hurting but still exercise! My January is starting off pretty slow - total for the week - 0 miles. I really do plan on running soon, really I do!

gmontalvo13 said...

great way to start the year!

i bought jillian dvd and have yet to use it! kudos to you!

Anonymous said...

YAY! Great job!!

Samantha said...

I'm doing 6 Weeks to 6 Pack too. Its tough but good huh? And I notice you are doing Around the Bay. I have friends running it. Good luck with training!

Keri @ The Blue-Eyed Runner said...

oooh I am going to have to try this video!

Jonathan Dunsky | World Of Diets said...

Haha. I know how you feel. Anything by Jillian Michaels is challenging.