Thursday, August 26, 2010

Countdown to Toronto Women's 5k Run

Only 1 more day until my 2nd 5k Race the Toronto Women's 5k Run 




I'm really looking forward to this Race. There will be Firefighters at the water stations and also a chocolate station, what else could you ask for in a race? 


Today was Race Kit pick up day! I love Race Kits!! 




I was a little bit disappointed with this one. NO Running shirt just a technical running hat, a Couple of Running Magazines, a new product called Immunity-FX, Clinical Strength Deodorant and pamphlets for races.  
I would have liked a Running shirt, even if just a cotton shirt. 
There is also no finisher medal. 
I do love that the Race Bib has my name on it. 




With the IT Band Wrap, running has been fairly pain free and I hope that Saturday will be another pain free run. I'm feeling confident that I will have a great run. 
So what's my goal for Saturday? 
I plan on going out and having a fun, that has always been the plan with running. 
I'm not going to stress over a PR. 
As Anne @ Asthma and the Gift of Running said so well "Not aiming for a PR just a PA (personal accomplishment)" 


Happy Running

17 comments:

Nicole said...

Good luck at the race! You will do great! :)

ajh said...

Good luck. I think the race kit looks quite good!

Marisa @ Loser for Life said...

Good luck, Claudia! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Anne said...

Awwwww :) You will definitely PA...good luck on a great painless 5K!

Deanna said...

Good luck! I'm also running a 5K this weekend. Packet pick up for me is tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to reading your recap. You'll do great!

Anonymous said...

good luck!
the race sounds awesome.
i wanna do it next year!

Q said...

Good Luck! Chocolate station, hellO!

Erica Sara said...

I'm so excited for you! Will be cheering you on & cant wait to hear about how you kicked some major a$$! Good luck!

Oh yeah, and tell the firefighters I say hi ;)

Therese said...

That's so exciting!!! I've been wanting to do the Womens races since they started here but haven't had the chance yet. Maybe next year?

I've been finding that race kits these days are kind of bland. I think that when the recession hit a lot of sponsors pulled out of donating to races. :( But I have enough mini Degree deodorants to last me a lifetime! Ha ha ha

Laura said...

Have a great race...you will be awesome.

Kirsten said...

Have a great race!

Marlene said...

I was bummed whne I found out about the hats. Last year they did Lululemon race shirts which were AWESOME.

Good luck tomorrow!!!

TX Runner Mom said...

Good luck on your race! I love the cool swag and even the race bib is pretty!

Claudia said...

what??? they were giving out lululemon race shirts last year! DARN!!
I am Looking forward to the running gloves for the October Race!

Emz said...

I'd run just for the hat! Awesome!!

Rock it!!

Andrew Opala said...

Nice bag of goodies ... Halloween came early!

Good luck, make sure your IT elastic is tight.

cathysrunning said...

Good luck to you! I'm sometimes disappointed with the goodie bags too. At a half marathon last year the sponsors went "green" which meant everything in the virtual goodie bag was sent by way of coupons online. A little disappointing 'cuz I love the goodies!