Saturday, February 20, 2010

week 9: session 1

on the treadmill
5 minute warm up
Run for 7minutes and walk for 2minutes (repeat 7 times/63minutes)
5 minute cool down
7.5km in 73minutes

Todays run went surprisingly well and do I dare say easy. I've been sick with a sore throat all week, not getting enough sleep and just physically drained and given that my last run was Sunday, I was absolutely expecting this run to be another fail.  
But to my surprise I had a great run, my legs felt great and not once did I think about quitting! Hurray ME! 
One of my co-worked who is also a runner, had mentioned that once she started adding more running time to the 5min that it became fairly easy. As a NON runner I just simply didn't see how that was possible, how can running for 7 minutes be no different then running for 5 minutes? She was absolutely right, even after running 7 minutes I felt like I could have run 10 minutes with no problem.
I was really worried about week 9, running 7 minutes seemed like a lot to do. I'm actually looking forward to my next run...  thinking about perhaps running tomorrow since they are calling for 6C (43F). 
So I'm finally charging my Garmin, just in case I want to take it outside tomorrow... the only problem I can foresee is finding the time. We are having the family over to celebrate Princess 10th Birthday so it will be a busy day.


Which reminds me that I need to name my Garmin. It is a well know fact around the blog world that you MUST name your Garmin. I thought about a clever name or maybe even a funny name... but came up with nothing.
Not sure if my Garmin is a boy of girl... does it need to be either or? Maybe it can just be unisex? 
Can you please help me name my Garmin?


Today my fur child Molly discovered we had a visitor outside my bedroom veranda. She was Very excited with her new found friend.
However my son was worried about the baby racoon and why his mommy would leave him behind. We had to assure him that no harm was going to come to the racoon as his mommy would surely come to get him soon.
In the back of my mind I was praying that his family is not planing on making a home in our attic!! 

4 comments:

ajh said...

I've had my Garmin for a bit and have not named it. I have been rather unimaginative. Have fun naming yours!

Anonymous said...

Running does become a lot easier after the first few mins. :) Looks like you had an awesome work out today!!

I know everyone names their elec gadgets but I couldn't think of a name for my HRM and eventually just settled on Mr. Polar. LOL, lame!

Hope the racoons don't decide to make your place a permanent home.

PS. This is my first time visiting your blog, (after chatting with you on Twitter)looking forward to following your progress.

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty said...

Hey! I just noticed that you came to read my blog!! So here I am coming to read yours!! :) Thanks for your support!! Maybe you will inspire me to really start running again!!

Jessica

Lex said...

new reader here! I am also a new runner - just started my 3&1s (THREE - GAH!) and I am terrified! Glad to have found your blog to read through your journey!