Saturday, January 2, 2010

I want to Whittle My Middle... SAY WHAT?

Today I decided to take a rest day from my Run/Walk sessions, My Legs were still a little sore from yesterdays 10k walk and I don't want to push it too hard since I'm just starting out.
I did a 20 minute Yoga for Runners Class from YogaDownload, which you can also find on iTunes.
You can print a pdf Pose Guide to help you along with the Audio, I find this a great tool.
I truly needed a good stretch after yesterday and these Yoga posses really hit the spot.


Next up was my Whittle My Middle Challenge
Angela at Oh She Glows is hosting a challenge from January 1st to January 31st.


Here is what you need to do;
1.PICTURES: Before and after pictures on Jan 1st and Jan 31st
2.MEASUREMENTS: Before and after measurements of my ‘smallest’ waist, widest waist (3″-4″ lower approx.), and hips (over fullest part of butt)- same dates as above.
3.CORE WORK: 5 days a week 6-10 minutes a day, doing the following exercises:


Front Plank with fully extended arms hold for 30-90 seconds
Side Plank with bend arm, alternating arms hold for 30-90 seconds
Torson Twist 15-25 reps alternating right and left sides (I used hand weights)
Plank-Ups 10-20 reps alternating legs (I did not raise my legs, just kept it simple)
Boat Pose hold for 30-90 seconds or ring your knees in to my chest and extending them back into boat pose (one rep, hold for 1-2 secs), keeping your feet off the ground.
Side Plank Rotation/Twist do 8-15 twist on each side
Bicycle Crunches do 2 sets of 30. Increase reps are you get stronger
Please visit Oh She Glows to get a better idea of each exercise.


Here is how I did today;
Jan 2nd, 2010
  • Front plank: 30 seconds
  • Side plank:  30 seconds each side
  • Torso twists: 20 reps
  • Plank ups: 10 reps
  • Boat pose: 15 reps
  • Side plank w/ twists:  5 reps each side... You try it!! 

No comments: