Saturday, January 30, 2010

week 6: Session 3

on the treadmill
5 minute warm up

Run for 3minutes and walk for 2minutes (repeat 11 times/55minutes)
5 minute cool down
6.60km in 65minutes

Todays run went really well. I took a friends advise and ran with a 1% incline to keep pressure off my knees. During Wednesday run my knees were hurting a bit and also my hip was bothering me the next day. 
I had no issue with todays run, no pain and my endurance was great. Finished strong, didn't even need a mantra.  Weekend runs are so much easier!! 


After my run I had a very refreshing Green Smoothie

1 cup of unsweetened Almond Milk 
3 handful of Organic Spinach
1 Frozen Organic Banana 
1 Kiwi
1 T of ground Flax seeds


1 T of Chia Seeds



I'm really enjoy my Green Smoothies after running, they help me cool down, re-hydrate and re-enegize. YES they are Delicious !! 
I always feel so squeaky clean inside after having one, I know that sounds funny but I can't explain it any other way.



Have you jumped on the Green Smoothie craze? what's your Favourite Green Smoothie Recipe? 

No comments: