Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Week 4: Session 1

on the treadmill 
5 minute warm up 
Run for 2minutes and walk for 3minutes (repeat 11 times/55minutes) 
5 minute cool down
6.36km in 65 minutes



Today I got up at 5am and RAN!! yes that's right, ME ... I don't think I have ever gotten up that early and done any physical activity. 
After considering various options on when to schedule in my Run's I've decided that during the week the only way would be to get up at 5am on Wednesdays and Fridays.  
So last night I set out my workout clothes and went to bed at 9pm... because I NEED 8hrs of sleep!! and of course it took me FOREVER to fall asleep and I tossed and turned all night... It was not a good night sleep I had hopped for.
My ipod alarm went off at 5am and I got up, put on my workout clothes and sneaked downstairs to the kitchen to grab a Bananawich. What's a Bananawhich you ask? Take a banana cut it in half and smear with peanut butter, put the banana back together and enjoy, nam nam nam.
By 5:15am I was on the treadmill.
I really need to start stretching before I run, my right calf muscle was not happy with me.  For the last two session I really had to talk myself into going on and not giving up. 
Which reminds me, I need a Running Mantra!!! 
Do you have a Running Mantra? 
It was hard, I had sweat running down my forehead, my legs felt like I had weights on them ... BUT guess what? I did it and it didn't kill me, what a surprise!!
The rest of the day went well considering I was really HANGRY (super hungry) and tired for not getting any sleep.
My next session is on Friday which will be another 5am run.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All over those Bananawiches. Simply dee-lightful!