Friday, January 1, 2010

10k for 2010

Rest Day, Walk on treadmill
10 minute warm up 
90 minutes brisk walk
10 minutes cool down 
10km in 1hour and 40 minutes
I finished it off with a well deserved soak in the Jacuzzi.
It was a really hard work out, especially after 60 minutes. I didn't think I would be able to finish.
But I did and I feel so much better for doing it. IT was my longest walk to date.


I started the Year with WALKING 10k for 2010!!  What a great way to start off a New Year, setting the pace for what's to come.
In 2011 I will start the year with a 11k RUN or even 11Miles.
BUT I have to admit that I actually felt very discouraged after WALKING the 10k, it was hard on my body and made me question if I will ever be able to RUN that length? 
To think that there are people that RUN 10k or 10 miles in half of the time, with no effort, just amazes me!


When I should run my first race.
Should I run a 5K on January 24th , 2 days before my 37th Birthday? 
Will I be able to run a 5K by then, that's only 3wks from now.


When did you know you were ready to run your first race?

No comments: