Saturday, January 2, 2010

My Review of the Lululemon Running Skirt

I usually work out in Yoga Pants/Capris since they keep my legs covered. 
The downside is that I get really hot in them when I run on the treadmill.
A couple of months back I picked up  a pair of Lululemon Reverse Groove Shorts  and have been using them for my run/walk sessions.
Although I love them for Yoga, I don't think they are the perfect running short.
They tend to ride up in between my legs and I find that I have to keep pulling them down while running/walking, not very attractive!!

So it was time for me to pick up a pair of running shorts. 
I ended up coming home with my first Running Skirt and a cute running shirt to go with it 
I'm not certain on the name of the skirt, since I picked it up on Boxing Day as a finale sale and the sales girl cut of the tag with the description.  But I believe it is the exact same skirts as Run Speed Skirt but minus the pleads and the pocket for the Tennis ball at the back.

Why it was Made


  • A running skirt that performs & looks great during your 7 minute mile
  • Wicking & quick dry shell fabric with 4-way stretch
  • wetDRYwarm liner with sticky elastic stops shorts from riding up
  • Inside pocket for card/keys & even a pocket for your tennis ball!
  • Soft wicking waistband with drawstring & elastic
  • Chafe resistant - flat seamed

I have been wearing the skirt for the past week during my Walk/Run Sessions and I have to say I'm hooked on running skirts.  
The Skirt is really light and keeps me cool during my run/walk. 
The Shorts do tend to ride up just a bit, but I do think it's because they need to 'fall' into place, ONCE they are in place they stay put.
I like the wide waistband as they keep my mommy tummy in checked and doesn't give me love handles.
I find the skirt also very flattering and can see myself wearing it on a quick 'run' to the supermarket.
I would like to try other brands of running skirts just so I could compare then to Lululemon, but I'm very happy with my purchase.
Here I am rocking the skirt

What do you run in? Have you tired a Running Skirt? 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you asked! I like the Run:Speed Short by Lululemon http://shop.lululemon.com/RunSpeed_Short/pd/c/580/np/580/p/1031.html

Why, you ask?
-Ultra light short for running, tri & gym
-Wicking & quick dry shell fabric with 4-way stretch
-Open venting for added breathability
-Coolmax liner with mesh for airflow
-Secure pocket for $/keys & sport snacks
-Soft wicking waistband with drawstring & elastic for support
-Chafe resistant - flat seamed
-Shell fabric made from recycled polyester!!

Although I cannot consider myself to a runner (YET) I use these shorts for sweating up a storm at the boxing gym. I found I needed something very light weight, breathable and not fussy. I've also worn them to bike into work on those hot summer days. These shorts make me happy, ecstatic even

Thank you for sharing the review and pictures. I'll be sure to give the running skirt a whirl when in the market again.

Kat